The Importance of Lifestyle During the Menopause – Amanda Thebe & Dr Louise Newson
Amanda Thebe is a personal trainer and nutrition coach, with nearly 3 decades in the health and wellness industry. She is the author of ‘Menopocalypse: How I Learned To Thrive During Menopause and How You Can Too!’ Dr Newson actually helped Amanda with the HRT chapter in the book. Amanda (who is British) joins Dr Newson from her home in Texas, USA.
In this episode, Dr Newson and Amanda discuss how menopause awareness differs across the Atlantic, yet despite our different medical organizations, women still are not being helped through menopause. Women are still being dismissed by doctors or misdiagnosed, so there is still much work to do. As well as a discussion about the role of HRT in menopause management, they discuss the importance of lifestyle changes that are integral to supporting menopause and bulletproofing women into aging against the major diseases like diabetes, CVD, osteoporosis and Alzheimers.
They also discuss:
- Living a movement based life vs a sedentary life.
- Knowing there is an entry point into exercise for everybody.
- Making small changes that develop into lifelong habits.
- Simplifying nutrition to support your body.
- Cutting through misformation in the health and wellness world
- Adding things of benefit rather than deprivation and restriction.
Amanda Thebe’s Three Reasons to Buy Her Book:
- It’s giving you knowledge and knowledge is power!
- There is a 12 week strength training programme in the book – it’s great for during lockdown.
- The book contains advice on how to age resiliently. This is about how to live your life based on your strengths!
Buy Amanda’s book ‘Menopocalypse’ here.
Find Amanda on Instagram: @amanda.thebe