The Truth About the Menopause [Subtitled Video]
In this full-length interview with subtitles, Dr Louise Newson, GP and menopause expert, is interviewed about the menopause on the ITV Tonight programme.
- 0:00 How can the menopause affect women’s health?
- 02:28 What’s the difference between perimenopause and menopause?
- 03:24 What guidance is available for healthcare professionals?
- 05:05 What is HRT?
- 06:08 Are there alternative treatments available?
- 07:37 Do Menopause symptoms disappear after taking HRT?
- 08:32 What are the symptoms of the menopause?
- 10:13 Sex and the menopause
- 11:13 What is vaginal dryness?
- 12:06 How do you feel about your job?
- 12:36 HRT and breast cancer
- 13:21 What are the risks of HRT with early menopause?
- 13:58 Surgical menopause and hormones
- 15:17 HRT – Understanding the risks and benefits
- 18:21 GPs and menopause treatment
- 20:25 Antidepressants and the menopause
- 22:12 How to find the right healthcare professional
- 23:12 How to find information on the menopause
- 24:00 Alternative products to HRT
- 25:03 Who can’t take HRT?
- 25:56 Is menopause treatment ‘one size fits all’?
- 26:15 Menopause and work
- 28:00 Breaking the menopause taboo
Watch the full playlist of subtitled video clips below: